Sunday, April 19, 2009

Honey Almond Apple Puffs

I came across this recipe while I was at my boy's lacrosse practice (I took four cookbooks with me to plan my menu for the week. Am I a nut or what???).

Last night I made these very easy dessert/breakfast nibbles. We each had one for dessert and then my husband took two this morning for his ride into work.

Honey Almond Apple Puffs
(Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook)

1/2 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 large pared cooking apple, cut into 6 wedges
Ground nutmeg
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Directions:

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold pastry and cut into 9 squares. cut apples wedges crosswise in half (only 9 apple pieces are needed). Place 1 apple piece on each pastry square and sprinkle with nutmeg. Moisten corners of pastry with water. Gather corners over apple and pinch to seal well. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown and puffed. Heat honey until thin. Brush over warm puffs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment