Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grilled Shrimp with Couscous

When I decided I was going to join the Barefoot Bloggers challenge, I thought I would try a couple of Ina Garten's recipes. I was making up my menu for the week and came across Ina's Grilled Shrimp recipe. Sunday was a beautiful day outside and one of the only ones for the rest of the week. So what better than to grill outside. I wasn't too sure of what to serve with the Grilled Chicken so I figured I would give Couscous a chance. (last time we made it we didn't care for it). I think I accompanied the Grilled Chicken very nicely.


Ingredients

2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 lemon, juiced

Directions


Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.


Skewer the shrimp. I use 3 or 4 shrimp on a 12-inch skewer for dinner. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment