Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Importance of a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle

What does living a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle mean to you?


Growing up I never really knew the importance of living a Heart-Healthy lifestyle.  My parents provided us, 6 Kids with the foods they could afford. It seems like there wasn't much talk about heart disease or elevated cholesterol levels back then.  

Fast forward to age 30. My Dad was diagnosed with heart disease.  He ended up having a double bypass (after having two failed stints) on my 30th birthday.  Not exactly the way my husband and I wanted to celebrate.  My dad is doing great and is very active 15 years later.

Since then we have been trying to live heart healthy.  Now-a-days I have gone a step beyond cutting fat from our diets.  I have been serving gluten free meals/sides dishes.  It isn't always easy, especially when you have kids who are involved in sports.  Believe me we still have our pizza nights. 

Recently, Mazola® Brands has sent me a package through the Allrecipes Allstars program.  The package included a large bottle of Cholesterol Free Corn Oil.  Do you know how excited I was to receive this package.  I have used the Cholesterol Free Corn Oil in every recipe I have made since receiving it.  Did you know, cardiovascular disease remains the number one cause of death in the United States.  To find out more information please visit Mazola for more Heart Healthy information.

"Check out more Mazola® recipes here: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/trusted-brands-recipes-and-tips/mazola/main.aspx

Your can read more about Mazola® and their Heart Healthy Corn oil at Mazola.com.

To achieve cholesterol reduction, one serving of Mazola® cooking oil must be part of a healthy diet and replace a similar amount of butter or other higher saturated fat oil. Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tbsp (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes there is little scientific data supporting the claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.


I am an Allrecipes Allstar brand ambassador (a voluntary position) and I'm not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experience-based reviews. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of myself. To learn more about the Allrecipes Allstar program visit, Allrecipes Allstars."

I am looking forward to trying the recipes Mazola has selected for the Allstars.

#AllstarsMazola®

No comments:

Post a Comment