Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crunchy Granola

Lately I have been eating gluten-free, or at least trying to.  I have found a delicious granola recipe they I truly like.  My kids prefer the chewy mix I have made in the past.  Looks like I will be rotating the two recipes out.

Homemade Granola Mix

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups rolled oatss
1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
3 tablespoons flax seeds
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted mixed nuts, chopped
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups mixed dried fruit 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the dried fruit. Mix until combined.

Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet, spread it out into an even layer. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until nice and golden brown. Recommend you stir every 10 minutes.


Remove granola from the oven and let cool completely (in pan) and on a wire wrack. Once the granola has finally cooled, mix in the dried fruit. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!

** In my recipe I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.  Instead of grapeseed oil I used Mazola Cholesterol Free Canola Oil.  I added some pumpkin seeds.  Lastly, I used a gluten-free breakfast syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment