Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spicy Italian Pork Cutlets

I am a big fan of pork roast.  I tend to make them the same way lately and wanted to try something different.  I sat down at the computer and searched for recipes.  After a while I decided on a few different ones and printed them.  Luckily I had all the ingredients for the different recipes. 

I picked a Spicy Pork Roast recipe since I had some tomatoes I needed to use.  As I was prepping the ingredients I was thinking this recipe sounded familiar.  After looking at the ingredients closer I realized it is almost the same as my Ravioli Pomodaro recipe.  I will say the pork wasn't nearly as spicy as the ravioli recipe. 

We all liked this recipe and I would definitely make it again.  It was such an easy recipe to make.

Spicy Italian Pork Cutlets

Ingredients

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless pork chops, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
salt and pepper to taste
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions

1.Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and quickly sear on both sides. Remove from heat, and set aside.

2.Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the garlic about 30 seconds. Mix in the tomato, chicken broth, wine, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.

3.Return the pork chops to the skillet, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Serve pork with the tomato and broth mixture from the skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment