Lately it seems all the cooking shows have been showing similar recipes. A couple of days ago Sunny Anderson from Cooking for Real was making Caribbean Jerk Chicken. It looked great. I haven't had Jerk chicken in years.
I made another trip to the grocery store this week for the ingredients I didn't have. Yes, that does happen once, twice maybe even three times a week especially if I didn't make a menu for that week.
I found a recipe that uses a Jerk rub instead of a sauce. I love putting all the herbs together for rubs. The smells are wonderful.
I made the Jerk Chicken with the Mango salsa and some rice.
This recipe came from Tasty Kitchen.
Citrus Marinated Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa
•FOR THE MARINADE:
•2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Cutlets
•1 whole Orange, Juiced
•1 whole Lemon, Juiced
•2 whole Limes, Juiced
•2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
•For The Spice Mixture
•2 Tablespoons Paprika
•1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
•1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic Powder
•1 Tablespoon Granulated Onion Powder
•1 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
•1 teaspoon Allspice
•1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
•1 teaspoon Chili Powder
•1 teaspoon Sweet Basil
•1 teaspoon Black Pepper
•1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
•½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
•FOR THE SALSA:
•2 whole Naval Oranges, Peeled And Diced
•2 whole Ripe Mangos, Peeled And Diced
•1-½ cup Fresh Pineapple, Peeled, Cored, And Diced
•1 whole Small Red Pepper, Seeded And Diced
•1 bunch Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
•3 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, Finely Chopped
•1 Tablespoon Fresh Or Bottled Lime Juice
•1 Tablespoon Honey
•1 pinch Salt
1) Place marinade ingredients in a gallon zip bag. Add chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to one hour. Discard marinade.
2) In a small bowl with tight fitting lid, mix all spice ingredients, set aside.
3) In a medium size bowl, mix all salsa ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4) Preheat gas grill for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, season each piece of chicken with spice mixture. Label and store any leftover spice mix in a cool, dry storage.
3) Grill chicken on medium high heat for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear.