Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tomatillo Sauce

My husband and I went out for dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant Casa Blanca.  As with most Mexican Restaurants they bring out salsa and chips, well last time we were there they had brought out something that looked like cole slaw with the chips/salsa.  I didn't care for it.  This time they brought out the salsa, chips and a green semi watery concoction.  I was hesitant on trying it.  Once I did I loved it.  I rattled off to my husband what I thought was in it.  Then I asked the waiter the ingredients.  He said exactly what I thought and a couple more. 

Tomatillo Sauce

Tomatillos
lime juice
garlic
cilantro
jalapeno
avocado
cumin

I couldn't tell you how much I used since I was winging it.  I did boil the tomatillos for about 5 minutes, chopped and tossed into the blender with the rest of the ingredients.  I used a whole avocado which made the dip/sauce more creamier than what the restaurant served.

I will be making this more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment