Saturday, May 8, 2010

Garden 2010

This year I finally got my two raised veggie beds.  We ran to Home Depot to get the 2x4x8 (12) pieces of wood.  Do not use pressure treated. 

Our boys are in Boy Scouts and they are working on their Carpentry Merit Badges.  One of the requirements is to make a piece of furniture or something to use around the house (something like that).  They managed to make then in one afternoon with little assistance from my husband.  A couple days later we moved them to the spots, layed weedblock and shoveled in the compost.  Once the compost was in, I planted all the veggies (still need to buy the tomatoes).

Hopefully this year we will be having fresh lettuce, snow peas, sugar peas, brocolli, cauliflower, celery, eggplant, peppers and two different types of cucumbers. 

Here are my photos of the semi-finished garden.

I am still working on my herb garden.  I have added garlic, chives and tarragon this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment