Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh another mishap

After the dinner mess, I tried to make some Blueberry turnovers.

Before I started with dinner I threw together some fresh blueberry, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and spices. I let that simmer for a bit and put a thickening agent. It tasted delish and I was excited about it.

Then dinner happened.

After that I took my puff pastry placed it on my baking dish, opened it up and tried to unfold it. I guess it was too warm in the kitchen and thawed the pastry thawed too long/too much. I decided I would roll it out and cut it into thirds. I placed the Blueberry mixture on the dough and with the help of my youngest son, we crimped the edges. I threw the pan into the oven for about 20 minutes. They were golden brown and puffy when they came out. However, most of the blueberry mix oozed out of the crimped edges.

Oiy..... Can this night get any worse???

2 comments:

  1. at least it tasted good! that's the most important part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought (at first) that it was going to be "another warm pasta dish", and wasn't sure whether I'd like it or not. Then as I was reading through the details, aaahh... it's a pasta salad! We loved it too!

    ReplyDelete