Monday, June 7, 2010

Barefoot Bloggers - Grilled Herbed Shrimp

For our second recipe of May 2010, Penny of Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen picked a wonderful Grilled Herbed Shrimp recipe. 

I hardly ever cook shrimp since the boys aren't big fans of it.  My husband and I really liked this recipe.  I thought the shrimp were nicely marinated.  The pain of the whole recipe was peeling the shrimp.  For this recipe I served it over a nice fresh garden salad. 

I will make this recipe again but cut it in half.  Thank you Penny for a wonderful choice.

Grilled Herbed Shrimp

Ingredients

2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined (see note)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 lemon, juiced

Directions

Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Skewer the shrimp. I use 3 or 4 shrimp on a 12-inch skewer for dinner. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

Note: I leave the tails on when I'm peeling the shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment