Saturday, September 12, 2009

Easy Crepes

I decided to sign up for some of the demonstration classes at William Sonoma. My first one was Crepes & Croque Monsieur. I have tried making the family some crepes not that long ago and boy was it a mess.

I took notes on my handout while the demonstrator was talking and figured I could make these with no problems.

The following weekend I looked up on the internet for an easy recipe for crepes and found one. So I set out to make my family some breakfast. I filled my with fresh blueberries. The boys had nutella on theirs. My husband had them with just syrup.

Easy Crepes

3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk or more
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon oil

I threw all but the oil into a bowl and mixed well. Finally add the oil (some people use melted butter) and stir it in. Don't stir too much at this point. If there is some oil sitting in pools on top that's fine. Make the batter and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Then stir it again and add a bit more milk if you think it needs it.

Use a non-stick pan (one with low sides to be able to flip) and heat to Medium-High heat before adding any batter.

I used my Pampered chef batter bowl to pour the batter into the pan. After pouring the batter you will want to swirl the batter around the bottom of the pan; coating the bottom. I had to pour just a tad more to fill in the holes.

Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes or so then flip. The second side only takes a few seconds and then you are done.

Cooked Crepes can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days or upto 2 months in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment