Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My 40th Birthday Celebration


Recently I celebrated the big 40. We were having a BBQ and my husband decided to make it a celebration. I have the best husband and sister in law I could ever imagine having. I have a good friend Melissa who lives out in Michigan who came out for my birthday. Now a little history, I met Melissa a few years ago on a website called Split Coast Stampers. We have emailed each other over the years. Several times we have web-cammed with another friend Donna (many laughs there). Melissa and I have spoken many hours on the phone together. She is like my childhood friend but never met until August 7, 2009.


Friday before the BBQ I was running around the house getting things cleaned, organized and setup. I sat down for a few minutes (watched my favorite soap opera while my boys were outside picking up the yard) and saw a car slowly drive by. Now I wouldn't have given it any thought had just that morning 50 million other cars (a little exaggerated) hadn't turned around in my driveway. So I got and looked to see what this person was doing. The car actually pulled into my driveway and parked. Now I'm thinking who the heck is this car/person. Once I saw Melissa's face I was shocked. Never knew she was coming. My hands were trembling.


I went out side and asked what the hell was going on... She hands me the phone and Donna was on the other line laughing. So Donna knew also. I have met Donna last year when I was visiting my parents in NC. Me and the boys drove 3 hours to meet Donna & Melanie for the first too. What a great visit that was.


So Melissa and I chatted from Sun up to Sun Down. She was a big help the day of the bbq. She is so organized and made me keep my kitchen clean. lol.... I don't think I have ever met someone with so many similarities as myself. We both love to cook, her a little than me.


Melissa I hope you don't kill me for posting our picture.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you two. maybe someday we'll all be in the same place at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo of the 2 of you and loved reading the story about it all. Awesome and Happy Birthday once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have said it better. Happy Birthday Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, how sweet! What a great shot of the two of you; you can tell what fun you were having! I'm so glad your special day turned out so well! Welcome to the 40s, LOL

    ReplyDelete