Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade Valentine Chocolates & Fortune Cookies

This year I wanted to try my hand at making homemade chocolates for my three favorites guys.  How hard could it be to melt chocolate, pour into molds, fill with ganache filling and seal.  Oh boy, was I in for a rude awakening.  It took me all day to make them. 

First, I made the boys simple chocolates out of a couple different molds.  The for my husbands I decided to add some flavor to his chocolates.  I made some basic chocolate ganache.  I made a couple with the plain ganache.  Then I stepped it up and added some Bailey's Irish Creme to the rest of the ganache.  Yummy!!!  For the third flavor I decided to make a Mounds style filled chocolate.  Mmmmm.... 

The boys devoured them in a day or so.  My husband liked them even though he is not a big chocolate person.

Since my husband always brings me flowers, I wanted to make something special for him.  While looking at a quilting website I noticed the lady had made some fabric fortune cookies.  Ding Ding Ding the bell went off in my head.  I collected the things I needed to make them.  Good thing I love my husband very much.  These fortune cookies were very labor intensive.  When I finished assembling the two dozen of them, I printed off a bunch of fortunes.  The fortunes were comprised of  valentine sayings, quotes, lines from songs, sayings in different languages and my own personal feelings.  It took home several minutes to crack them open and read the fortunes.  Then he looked at me and said the sweetest thing, "It's hard to compete with your homdemade gifts."  Awww....

No comments:

Post a Comment