Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tuna Steaks with Olive-Caper Sauce

This is another recipe from my Cuisine at Home magazine.  I wanted to try some different recipes with ingredients I have never used before.  This recipe calls for Farro.  What the heck is Farro I asked myself and will my local grocery store have it???  Sure enough they did.

This recipe was super super easy to make.  It was tasty.  My local fishmonger did not have tuna so I went with swordfish steaks.  I chose not to buy frozen tuna since the last time I bought some I did not like the frozen taste.

Tuna Steaks with Olive-Caper Sauce

For the sauce:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup capers
1/4 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
2 Tbsp. minced shallots
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

For the Tuna:
4 fresh tuna steaks
olive oil, salt and black pepper

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Heat 1/2 cup evoo in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it shimmers.  Add capers, olives and shallots; simmer 2-3 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Stir in parsley and lemon juice just before serving.

Rub tuna lightly with oil and season with salt & black pepper.  Grill tuna, covered, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare steaks.  Remove from the grill, tent with foil and rest 3 minutes.  Serve steak with sauce and lemon wedges.

Farro Salad with Tomatoes & Feta

1 cup dry pearled or semi-pearled farro
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
minced zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

Cook farro in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to package directions; or until tender 15-20 minutes; drain and set aside.

Combine tomatoes, feta and parsley in a medium bowl.  Stir in farrow, zest and lemon juice.  Season with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment