Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spicy Tuscan Soup

It was really could this past weekend.  I'm not kidding like 0 degrees at night.  BRRR...  It was definitely a weekend to stay inside and keep warm.  While staying warm I decided to work on my weekly menu, yes I'm back to making them.  I wanted to have atleast a soup and sandwich night. 

As I was looking around the internet I found myself on the Pioneer Women's website.  Then I meandered over to the Tasty Kitchen section.  One of the featured recipes caught my eye.  It was a Spicy Tuscan Soup.  Oh yum that sounded great.

I made it this past Monday night for dinner and had a sandwich with it. 

Spicy Tuscan Soup
by iamcaressa
via Tasty Kitchen

•1 pound Spicy Breakfast Sausage
•1 whole Medium Red Onion, Diced
•2 slices Bacon, Diced
•3 cloves Garlic, Minced
•3 whole Medium Potatoes
•1 quart Water
•3 cubes Chicken Bouillon
•¼ bunches Kale, Roughly Chopped
•½ cups Heavy Cream
•Salt And Pepper, to taste
 
Directions:
 
Crumble sausage into a dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain and set aside.

Chop onions and dice bacon; add to the dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are clear. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.

Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4″ slices. Add warm water, bouillon cubes and potatoes and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are almost done.

Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 more minutes. Let cool and serve with warm garlic breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment