Saturday, October 17, 2009

Homemade Fresh Pasta

This past summer I was given a great birthday gift from my good friend Melissa. She gave me the pasta roller attachments to my Kitchenaid. I was intimidated by them. When I was at William Sonoma I signed up for their pasta class. I am so glad I went to that class. The instructor made it seem so easy to make the pasta. She also showed us the new pasta attachment that I so want for Christmas. I could write up a whole blog entry about that gadget.

Anyway, back to the pasta. I came home that afternoon after the class and made the pasta dough. I went through the process of letting it rest. Then I started to work on rolling it through the pasta roller.

Next thing my youngest son Nicholas wanted to help. Sure okay you can. He thought it was the coolest gadget/toy mom has ever had. The little bugger took over making the pasta. I stood there like "hey when do I get to play with my birthday gift???" All was good. I atleast had some help.

I continued onto making a fresh Alfredo Sauce. Oh yumm...

No comments:

Post a Comment