Sunday, July 26, 2009

Caprese Salad

There is one salad I have heard of but never tried. It is the simplest salad every. The Caprese Salad.


I have seen it on so many shows and in so many cookbooks. I always thought what is the big deal with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.


I went to the fresh produce stand and bought the tomatoes to make this. When I got home I went to grab the mozzarella from the fridge and saw that it was past it's prime. Oh man, I thought. I guess I will have to wait til tomorrow for the salad. I bought some fresh mozzarella at the store this morning and made my salad for lunch.


Oh my was this delicious. I decided to use Giada's Lemon vinegrette for the salad. The lemon gave it such a fresh taste. I will be making this simple salad more often.


I don't have a real recipe since I watched her make it on a video through the Food Network online.


I squeezed half a lemon into a bowl, added salt, pepper and some EVOO. Whisked it and poured over the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment